Friday 15 September 2017

I'm Back...

Well for the last week or so I've been finding it very hard to function properly with large flare ups coming on my things and under my arms i have had to rely on my partner mostly for helping me do normal things as we all know too well. But it brought up a question for me, what do other people do for pain relief? 


For me i started off with taking paracetamol and ibuprofen as the doctor told me but as we all know they have no idea what they are talking about.. ME personally i was given Tramadol and Propanalol fro the pain and for a while it worked there was a period of about twelve months where whenever the pain got too much the Tramadol would help. The propanalol didn't do anything at all so i just stopped taking it. After a while the tramadol wasn't working anymore so i went back down to see my doctor. They weren't willing to give me anything for the pain until the Pharmacist had seen me so i had to wait a fortnight to see him with no pain relief. 

When i finally spoke to the pharmacist i asked him about being referred to a pain clinic but was told that my pain wasn't the right kind of pain? whatever the hell that means? When i finally told him that Tramadol had worked in the past he said that he would just up the dose. I asked him if there was anything else he could do as id heard horror stories about people getting addicted to them and he assured me that he would keep a close watch on me to ensure that everything was under control. After a few minutes of writing up prescriptions he turned to me and told me he was going to try me on codeine instead as it was a more natural substance. i informed him that the hospital had given me some before and that it hadn't worked but he insisted that these would and that if they didn't i had to call back in a few weeks and he would change the prescription but that if they did work it was fine because he was putting them on repeat for me.. 

So off i went home and of course they didn't work, i might as well of been taking Tic Tacs. I called to speak to him and was told that he had gone on leave, so i phoned the doctors to explain my predicament i was told that there was nothing there could do. So here i am sat months later still getting the same response,whenever i go to the doctors with a problem about HS and the pain i get told the same thing, 500mg of Flucloxacillin 4 times a day for a week and take paracetamol and Ibuprofen for the pain adn swelling...

So all in all i was wondering if there were anyone out there who had managed to find a form of pain relief that worked and what trial and error they had to endure? 
Thanks for listening
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past posts

Ran away with myself a little bit!